Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cheese peppers appetizer

Okay, so I made this a long time ago and I can't remember exactly how, and I'm sorry for the poor image quality, but I was just scrambling for a first post for my blog that I could make without actually having to make anything new. But basically I just cut these peppers in half (the red ones are sweet, the green ones are mildly hot ancho poblano chiles), removed the "bones" (the white parts) and seeds, and filled them with a mixture of: feta cheese, cumin seeds, fresh mint leaves, pepper, salt....and I can't even remember what else, but it wasn't too much more. I put it all in a mortar and pestle and crushed it all so that the mint and cumin would be pulverized a little and its flavor would be released. I added the carrot sticks for health and color. Then I drizzled it all with a little olive oil and pepper. I know it sounds weird, but all present at the dinner (i.e. me and Brian) agreed that it tasted AWESOME.

Man, guys, I'm sorry this first post is so lame and indefinite. I promise I'll have something better for you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment